Monday, January 21, 2008

more Convention swap cards



While I'm waiting for a new embossing folder for my Cuttlebug to come so I can start working on my next swap, I decided to do a couple more Convention swap cards.


I bought a bunch of Japanese style stamps from one of my on-line friends (Lisa!) when she was cleaning out her late mother's stash. I wanted to incorporate one of the stamps with a CTMH set that is kanji, the Japanese writing. The stamp set is Wisdom. The kanji symbol on the card is friend, so I thought these two lovely ladies looked like friends, so that's the reasoning behind this one. Papers are CTMH Simple Pleasures and ink colors are Twilight, Bamboo, Desert Sand and Cocoa.


The second is Bella! Stampabella to be exact. And isn't that what Convention is all about?! Stamping! I used Simple Pleasures and the same inks as with the Japanese card. I random stamped Blooming Flourishes on the background. Bella is stamped in black archival ink, then colored with colored pencils and Stickles are used on her hair bow, scissors and paper in her rolling tote. I used Doodle Alphabet for "Stamp Diva."

2 comments:

Debbie DP said...

I love both cards. On the second one on her rolling case is that a little paper flower? It just seems to jump off the page.

Sue said...

Good eye Deb! Yes, it is a paper flower with a tiny "diamond" for the flower center.