Friday, January 4, 2008

ooh that smell.........



Can't you smell that smell? Don't you wish this was Smellanet?


That is a ginormous pot of spagetti sauce with meatballs bubbling away on my stovetop. And before you all get in your cars and start racing over here. Slow down! It's not for tonight. It's for tomorrow. So drive the speed limit! I can't eat spagetti the day I make sauce. After tasting and adjusting spices, wine, spices, wine all day long, the last thing I want for dinner that night is spagetti. :::Hick!::: Too much wine? No! Never too much wine! And what do you ask happens to the rest of that ginormous pot of sauce? Since it's just John and I eating? And we can't possibly eat that much sauce in one sitting? Worry not Dear Friends! I put it in Ziploc bags and freeze it. Then I have individual bags that I can take out and I don't have to make sauce again for a few months.


Also, a cute little door hanging I picked up today at my local JoAnn's for a buck 99! Couldn't beat that with a stick! He is hanging happily on my front door.


And yes, my Christmas decorations are still up. I am thinking I may take them down on Sunday before the Bucs play the Giants in the first playoff game. Or not!

4 comments:

Kim said...

yummmmmm........I can smell that sauce from here.

My decorations are still up too. My car is in the shop so the garage is free so I really don't have any excuse to get the boxes down and put it away. Tomorrow is another day.

Kim said...

yummmmmm........I can smell that sauce from here.

My decorations are still up too. My car is in the shop so the garage is free so I really don't have any excuse to get the boxes down and put it away. Tomorrow is another day.

Liane said...

OK Kim can smell it because she is in the same state! LOL Funny... I cant smell it, but it sure looks good. I am not going to get there by tomorrow night if I drive the speed limit. LOL

jeanne said...

Yummmmmm. That's how we do ours too. In a huge pot with lots for freezing. Our only difference is the wine goes directly in me and not into the gravy.


Love the door hanging.