Sunday, January 13, 2008

swaps and stuff


NO! It's not Debbie's swap! It is complete, but I have to find a box big enough to fit my phat, fat pages in! I cannot get both sets in a 12x12x3 Priority flat rate box! I got carried away and put too much stuff on them and now they won't fit! So I have to go find a box that's big enough to send. So you'll have to wait til probably the end of this week to see them.


However!


I am also in my third upline, Susan's swap. It's a 9/8 card swap using any stamp set and paper pack from the new Spring catalog. I chose Silhouette paper pack, Joy Forever and Lovely Lace stamp sets. I just finished these, so thought I'd give people (Liane!) a sneak peek. And the scan does not do the card justice, The bottom piece where it says, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever" is "bumpy." I used one of our foundry frames and brayered over it to make the outline, then sanded the bumps. Between the two different pieces of paper on the top, is lace that I embossed in black then cut out. The flowers are stamped and cut out. The two on the outside I used the pearl paint on to give them some shimmer and they are also pop-dotted for dimension. Like I said, the scan does not do it justice!


Now I'm off to vacuum my cat-litter tracked up house and take down my Christmas decorations.@@ Good Lord! That single wide is calling mah name!!

1 comment:

Liane said...

LOVE the card. I better get one! LOL I haven't started mine yet, but I have some new sets coming today and I have an idea in mind. Hope it works. Liane