Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Marjorie's color challenge



Marjorie's color challenge this week was to use Blush, Hollyhock, Vanilla Cream and Chocolate. I had gotten some Bella images in the mail yesterday from Liane, and I had also recieved my latest order of Bella's yesterday as well, so I decided to use one from Liane and one of my new ones for this challenge. Balloonabella is from Liane and Superbella is mine. Instead of using the obvious More To Adore paper pack, I dug into my stash and found a couple of peices of an old campaign B&T, Cocoa Cafe. Man I wish CTMH would put that paper pack in a catalog! I loved that set!!


For Balloonabella, I paper pieced her dress after I Cuttlebugged the cardstock with my new Swiss Dots embossing folder. I used the blending brush for her hair, ribbons and shoes. Stickles on her balloons and Prisma Glitter on the outside edge of the white cardstock. The flowers are various ones from my stash. Some are CTMH Summer Posies Just Blooms and others are unknown. All have been painted with CTMH Pearl paint. A piece of chocolate grosgrain ribbon and a buckle from the Chocolate Shades Mini Medley complete the card.


For Superbella, Her dress is paper pieced from the same Swiss Dots as Balloonabella. A chocolate "S" is stamped on her dress! I Cuttlebugged the chocolate cardstock with another new embossing folder, Distressed Stripes, then cut the scalloped circle with the Cuttlebug using Nestabilities. I poked the holes using my paper piercer. and attached pink bling randomly around the circle. The Hollyhock cardstock is cut using the Nestabilities then I used the small flower from Friendship Word Puzzle stamp set around the scallop, adding clear bling randomly.Sentiment is also from the Friendship Word Puzzle. The frayed ribbon at the bottom is from my stash and unknown.

2 comments:

Liane said...

Too darn cute! LOL that you got the superbella. I love the message you chose, lean on me is perfect. Great job. FUN FUN FUN

I am so glad you started blogging! yea.

Marjorie said...

Cute!! I love how you thought out of the box and used different paper. I made the color challenge with those colors so it would force me to use my More to Adore paper ^_~ I've been hoarding that one and life delights, lol! I need to ink up my Balloonbella and superbella too!! Thanks for playing ^_~

*hugs*
Marjorie