Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tagged

Kim Random Thoughts tagged me in her blog. She may live to regret it!!

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then go to their blog and leave them a comment that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

10 Years Ago...I was still working...errr...slaving for Winn Dixie. I was the Receiving Manager and salad making girl. Because I could do my job as Receiver faster than 40 hours, the store manager decided I could make the salads, both green and melon, for the produce dept. And because I work so efficiently, I still got finished in less than 40 hours! And it bugged the holy crap outta him! I finally got smart a couple years later and after 24 1/2 years, hung it up. Best move I ever made!

Things on my to-do list...It's already started. I have laundry going. Washing the blankie John's used for the past two days, his clothes, and his towel and washcloth in HOT water. Kill those germies!! I also have to do our "regular" clothes and strip the bed. And just because I'm washing and drying them does not necessarily mean they will get folded! Folding and putting away laundry is the bane of my existance! I'm also going to make black bean and corn salad today. It's something that's very healthy that we both enjoy.

What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire...Whoop!! Call John and tell him he could come home. For good! Then I guess I'd pay off my debts.;-) Then I'd buy me a mountain in the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains of TN and build my dream home. Set the nephews and niece up so they won't ever have to worry about money. Set up a scholarship to Florida State University for a deserving young lady in memory of Aunt Eloise. Make some other donations to favorite charities. Invest the rest so we could live off the interest.

Three of my bad habits...Like I have any of those!!!!!!!!! ;-) Not folding laundry in a timely fashion. I told you! It's the bane of my existance. I have found as I've gotten older, my temper has become much shorter. Things that used to just roll off me, really pi$$ me off any more! Not taking better care of myself. Which I think we're all guilty of to a certain extent.

Three place I have lived...Sorry, you're only getting two! Cuz that's all I've ever lived in! Dunedin, Florida for the first 37 years of my life. Land O' Lakes, Florida for the last 13 years. Go ahead...do the math... I'll wait!

Five jobs I've had...I started working for mom & dad at my Grandparents citrus fruit stand when I was 9 or 10. I was the juice girl. I squeezed all the juice that we sold. I did that all the way thru high school. And because it was seasonal work, and the fruit stand was closed from about May til Oct, and I was in Distributive Education in High School, in order to get a grade during the time the stand was closed, I ran the school store selling pencils and paper to my classmates before and after school. I waitressed for a few years while I was going to Junior College, then when I dropped out of JC, I started working for Winn Dixie. And that lasted 24 1/2 years. Then I became a "cookie ho", working for Nabisco as a cookie merchandiser for a couple of years.

Five things people don't know about me...Seriously?! My life is an open book. Most people will tell you they know too much about me!! If there is something you don't think you know, ask! I'll tell ya!!

I'm tagging:
Jeanne
Kel
and that's it! Shaking things up! Marching to my own drummer!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liane said...

OMG You must read my answers. I can not believe how much alike we are... LOL Call the hubby and tell him to quit work..... life an open book.... yep, I get it.... oh btw I understand that enabling the word verification helps with spammers.....