Monday, March 17, 2008

couple of cards



In honor of St. Patrick's Day, today's post is green! I'll be fixing our corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. Instead of cooking the corned beef all day in the crock pot like I generally do, I'm going to roast the corned beef in the oven. I'll use the seasoning packet and pour a beer or two over the top and let it roast for a few hours, then add the cabbage since we like our cabbage not so soggy. I'm doing creamed cornbread to go with it. One small can of cream corn and about 1/4 cup of sour cream added to the corn bread mix and baked in Aunt Eloise's cast iron skillet. Yummmm!


Here's a couple different cards I did already this morning. My fil's birthday is the end of this week and my 4 years younger sister and her dh's 17th anniversary is the first part of next week. So I killed two birds again, and got both of their cards done.

For dad's card, I used Good Times paper pack. The star is from Star Struck and it has Lime glitter from Sparkle and Sprinkle on it. The edge that is turned down has an "R" brad from my stash since my fil's first name starts with R. I inked the Distressed Lines Cuttlebug embossing folder before I ran the cardstock thru it, but it doesn't show up real well.Chocolate ink on chocolate cardstock didn't show up well at all. I think it would show up better on a lighter cardstock, so I'll be trying that technique again.


For my sister and bil's card, I used Silhouette! The two lambs are Curly Ewe from StampingBella. The instide sentiment says it all. Happy Anniversary Ewe Two!! Heee! I'm too punny this morning. John just rolled his eyes and plugged his nose at me!

No comments: