Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Holy (Purple) Cow!





So I ordered myself a Purple Cow cutter. It's a combination guillotine and rotary cutter in one. It can be used together or taken apart so you can leave the heavier guillotine side at home and take just the rotary side to a crop or Gathering. I have managed to break two Cutterpede cutters in the last 6 months. So we decided it was time to get me the guillotine cutter for the heavier cardstock since I cut so much of it. It came yesterday and I've been playing with it today. I LOVE the guillotine side of the cutter. I HATE the rotary side. You have to lock the slide arm down in order to cut your cardstock or paper. Then you have to unlock it to get said paper/cardstock out. Move the paper/cardstock, lock it, cut, unlock, yada, yada, yada. Nope! Not gonna happen! Also hate the fact that unless the two are put together, you can only measure out 8". So I will use the guillotine side for my heavy-duty cutting and I wil go and buy me another Cutterpede rotary cutter for the lighter stuff. You can see the Purple cow cutters here:

http://www.purplecows.net


I bought a new product last week and am finally trying it. Made by MetroMint, it's flavored waters. I bought and tried the lemon mint flavor last week and really enjoyed it. You get the lemon taste as it hits your mouth, then are left with the minty taste in the back of your throat once you swallow. Today I'm enjoying Peppermint water. It is very light, not overpowering at all. They have a website, http://www.metromint.com/ I think I'll be trying the chocolate water next!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow. Glad you gave a good review before I ordered the purple cow. Think I'm sticking with my current cutter.

jeanne said...

All I ever use is an old classroom style guillotine. I love it. Of course I don't leave the cave for get togethers ...

paperpest said...

Thanks for your review. I'm always suspicious of products that promise a swiss army knife of functions. I have a heavy duty Carl rotary cutter, it's alright. It's always a challenge to align items properly. I bought it for thick items and I have to roll the blade back and forth a few times to cut thick cardboard.