Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Color Challenge 12



As soon as I saw Marjorie's color choices for this week's color challenge, I knew I wanted to use Friendship Blessing stamp set! The color choice for this week is Citrus Leaf, Orchid Bouquet, Crystal Blue and Pink Carnation. Bright and vibrant! I knew I wanted to put the flowers on a black background to make them pop. I ran the black cardstock thru my Cuttlebug and used the Distressed Lines embossing folder. I stamped the flowers in Orchid Bouquet, Crystal Blue and Pink Carnation. The leaf in Citrus Leaf with Topiary as an accent color. Cut everything out and attached it to the black cardstock with varying sizes of pop dots to give height and dimension. I used the White Daisy Pigment ink pad to make the flower border for the bottom of the card. Hit it with my heat gun to set the ink, then used our original White Daisy ink pad and drug the torn edge thru it. Used some bling, a retired flower button and an old Connections Club bling flower for the flower centers. This card turned out just like the picture in my head!

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Too cute!! I love the how much pop the black gives to the card and how you used different fun embellies for the middle flowers! Thanks for playing dearie!!

Liane said...

Very Pretty I do like the pop. I may have to do one like this too.

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is beautiful! I love it with the black background!

Sparkle