Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cellar to Stellar!

Our Tampa Rays that is. From the worst record in baseball last year to the AL East champs this year. Probably THE toughest division in any major sport. It's been dominated by the Yankees and Red Sox for more years than I'd like to remember. The Tampa Rays sat on top of the division for and unheard of 107 days this year. John and I used to go to games at Tropicana Field when they were cellar dwellers. We've not been to a game now in quite a few years. We'd watch on TV as they lost more games than they won. I'm not a fair-weather fan. If I like the team, I back them win or lose. It just felt different this year. Like you knew this group of guys had it in them. They weren't just talking the talk, they were walking the walk. They played hard and they played to win. And win they did! Now we look forward to the Playoffs and hopefully the World Series. How flipping cool would THAT be?!

No comments: