Sunday, September 28, 2008

OCC challenge week 14


Amy's challenge for the Our Creative Corner girls this week was to use any stitches on your card other than white. You could machine or hand stitch, just not use white thread. I pulled out the Magic Moments paper pack thinking I would do a "fallish" card, even though we're still in the upper 80's on the west coast of FL! And as usual, my initial idea went by the wayside as the card progressed! I cut out 2 pieces of Indian Corn Blue and 1 piece of Colonial White cardstock, sponged the edges a bit with Cocoa ink and sewed a scallop design using brown thread on them. The I took a piece of Cocoa and Colonial White cardstock, sponged their edges in Cocoa ink as well and sewed a different design on it. I used a button stamp from Thoughtful Seasons and stamped them on coasters and cut them out. I also used the frame, heart and star from Thoughtful Season. The faux buttons, heart and star are all pop-dotted for added dimension.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI SUE!!!
Love the photo on your site - the wall. Was that there before? I'm dense if it was! Love all your blogging inputs and the beer story! I really had no idea there were so many - especially one made with green apples! amazing.

Miss you :(
I'm on facebook. Just in case you're there too.
~gracee

Amy Sheffer said...

Love your scalloped stitching, Sue!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC challenge!