Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The pretty before the cold...




And yes, I know, cold is a relative term! But we are expecting some cold for Florida temps for the rest of this week. They are saying that by Sat morning, we could see lows in the mid to low 20's. And for us, that's cold! Now by Chris, Deb and Jenn's terms in IL, that's warm! They are not supposed to see temps out of the single digits for highs the rest of the week. But by Fairbanks, AK terms, that's warm! Our weather guy was saying they were having high's in the -40 range last week. Since when is -40 a HIGH temperature?!


Anyway, I thought I'd best get a picture of my blooming cherry tree before the cold comes and kills all of the bloom. It will probably bloom again, but it will not have as much bloom or be as pretty as it is now. The bees and wasps have been loving it for about the past week! It is always one of the first things to bloom and I think the flying pollen collectors set their watches by it!

2 comments:

Lea said...

Pretty tree. I wish we had one.

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

Beautiful. I wish we could grow those here.