Sunday, July 5, 2009

CardPatterns challenge




It's funny. Sometimes I have to mull over a card idea before I can get started on one of the challenges I do every week. What stamp will I use? What paper pack? How many and what embellishments will I use? Other days, as soon as I see the challenge, I know exactly what I'm doing. Today was one of those days! The instant I saw the sketch at CardPatterns, I knew what paper pack and stamp set I'd use and how it would look when I finished. And it came pretty darn close!

I used CTMH Moon Doggie pp and CTMH Extreme Happiness stamp set. The small flowers are stamped in Sunny Yellow ink and I came back in with Honey ink and gave some definition to the outside edges and around the center with a Q-tip rubbed in the Honey Ink. Likewise, the large hibiscus is stamped in Honey and the definition is done using Goldrush ink. The stamen on the large hibiscus is done with Black embossing powder and the small ones have Black Diamond Stickles on them for a bit of bling. I strung the small hibiscus together using a small piece of jute. All of the flowers are pop dotted for some visual interest.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful, so summery! Thanks for playing!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow! I love it - your flowers are stunning!

~amy~ said...

Nice work...love your flowers!

whoistracy said...

So cute Sue!! Love those hibiscus on your card and how you colored them. Great take on the sketch!