Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wintry Mix

How's that for a blog title in the Sunshine State of Florida?!

That is part of the advisories this morning from the weather department. If you are driving, you need to be aware of ice on bridges just to the north of me. Let me repeat that. ICE on BRIDGES. That is almost unhead of! We had sleet here at the house at 6 AM this morning. There is snow as far south as Orlando. The last time we had measurable snowfall this far south was January 19, 1977. They say that places from where I am and north may not see 40 degrees for a high today. We have hit our high temperature for the day. It is only going to get colder. It's 34 degrees at my back door. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be bitterly cold for Florida with a cold north wind that is coming straight from the Yukon.

I think somebody north of me needs to shut the door!

1 comment:

Debbie DP said...

I tried to shut the door but it is too windy!!