Sunday, March 20, 2011

Driving Miss Doris
















As mentioned the other day, last Saturday, mom and I headed south to visit some family. We have a cousin, Happy and her dh Ray, who live in Mass who came to FL to visit her brother, Bob and his dw Penny. They wanted mom to come visit, but she doesn't drive long distances any more, so she asked me if I'd go and drive her. So I was "Poke" and she was Miss Doris for the day! It was a bit over 2 hours to get to Bob's in Port Charlotte. Course that was AFTER a stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast!! We had a lovely visit with the family and after lunch, Bob took Miss Doris, Happy and I for a car tour around their little corner of the world. We saw Charlotte Harbor, where Hurricane Charley came ashore in 2004. They had to completely rebuild the bridge over the harbor. We saw the Spring Training facilities for the Tampa Bay Rays and if all of the games weren't sold out already, John and I would go down and take in a game this year. Guess we'll just have to wait til next month when they come "home" to St Pete for the regular season. And next year, I know to get my Spring Training tix early! We drove along the beaches in Charlotte County and they are much prettier than the beaches up our way. We even got to get out and dip our toes in the (still) cold (to us Natives!) water! The water usually warms up enough for me about mid July! Til then, the Nawtherners can have it!! It was a very nice day and we topped it off by stopping in Tampa at Krispy Kreme for some "hot now" donuts. It's against my religion to pass the "hot now" sign!

2 comments:

Debbie DP said...

oh I love the sun and the water. Great pictures.

jeanne said...

and a good day was had by all. Hooray!!!