Thursday, March 24, 2011

The neverending mouth saga continues

It just keeps getting better. Not!

I went today for my 6 months post-op re-eval with the Perio. And while the bone grafted areas look great (that's the good news!) I have two more molars that are going to require root canals and crowns (and THAT'S the bad news!) Oh joy. This time the molars are on opposite sides of my mouth and have pretty much given me grief since the bone grafts were done. The one on my left side has bothered me now for close to 7 years. Just like the one that we did the root canal on last year. It's the molar right next to that one. And while no where near as painful as the other, coupled with the molar on the right side being sensitive to hot and cold, it's been quite challenging eating and drinking and trying to keep both rear molars covered with my tongue. So hopefully when I go see the good Dr Horn on April 6, all of this will be behind me. I'm still faced with bone grafts on the lower jaw as well, just most likely not this year since the root canals and crowns will eat up most of my dental benefits for 2011. Oh well, I'll have something to look forward to in 2012!

1 comment:

jeanne said...

aaarrrrghhh, you have my most sincere condolences. I am not a fan of dentistry even though I love mine.

Fingers crossed for easy root canals. After them the rest is a piece of cake.