Monday, April 2, 2012

Take a Chance-Art Journal

My latest Art Journal pages make use of the Pondering Petunia images Anita sent to me. And it's also a challenge for her. She has been telling me that she is having a really hard time creating something with the Dyan Reaveley images. So Anita, Take a Chance! Spread those wings!

I took a chance and used my Multi Medium and mixed it with Perfect Pearls ( and some Pearl Ex) and painted on it on my cardstock. And while I'm not totally crazy with the end result, I may try it again just on a smaller surface. Once that was dry, I went in with a piece of Magic Mesh as a stencil and used my Gathered Twigs distress ink and inked a few places here and there. Then used t!m's mixed media stamp set and Archival ink and splatted and splopped random stamping all over the cardstock. Colored both of my ladies with my PrismaColor pencils, odorless mineral spirits and a stub. And of course Stickles came into play! I like to go back with a black Faber Castell pen and go over all the lines of my images to make the black pop a bit more. I had picked up a new Sharpie Black Paint pen at Michael's last week and was using it instead of my Faber Castell pen and it farted allllllllllll over one of the leg images. So it went in the trash and I had to start all over with that set of legs! The added bits and pieces are all flotsam and jetsam from my scrap table. I swear I could probably create for the next 6 months with just crap from my table and never have to pull another "new" thing out!!

OK, Anita! Your turn. I want to see something you create using Dyan's images. It won't ever get done if you just keep looking at them!!







3 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Oh SUE! Now I've gone and got the name 'Farting Sharpie' stuck in my head... Pondering Petunia, Travelling Travis... Hmm... Farting Sharpie, different!! I love everything about this, the black and white outlining of the sentiments is brilliant, it really makes them pop and I love all the bling too! Anna xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Thanks for the inspiration and nagging mentoring....I love it and need it! These are so rock'n cool! I just love all your brights mixed trimmed out in black and white. And the stub non prego girl is holding is a fabulous idea! No exploding Sharpies here my friend...only creative genius!!! You rock!

Debbie DP said...

wOw I love it. Great job