Sunday, May 20, 2012

Courage

Dyan posted this quote on her FB page this morning and I shared it on mine. I knew I had to do an art journal page using the quote. I took my journal the other night when I went for the shadow box class at Posh Scraps and when Michelle handed me my Spring Distress Inks, I knew I had to put ink pad to paper and see what they looked like in Real Life! So I used the direct to paper technique and just smooshed ink on two pages straight from the pads. That was my starting point for the quote. I had a few pieces of 7Gypsies tissue wrap on my table, so I applied them with some Multi-Medium. I used the diamonds stamp from Dyan's Basic Backgrounds and stamped them using the new Peacock Feathers pad from the Spring Distress Inks.  Then I pulled out a bunch of CTMH alpha's (I think I may have mentioned a time or twenty that I'ma bit of an alpha ho!) and went to town! I used Dyan's Around the Edge stamps for the edging and after I had stamped the quote, I went in with both my black and white pens and doodled. The little blingy star that is beside the word "to" was apparently stuck on one of the stamp envies and it fell off and that's where it fell, so I took that to mean that the Happy Little Star had found a new home! A bit of Glossy Accents and it's there for good!



3 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Duh! I tried reading each page separately first go and couldn't work out why I didn't 'get it!'I love this Sue. The colours look amazing and the text is (now!) inspirational xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOL...I did the same thing and then read Anna's and went back to reread!!! AWESOME!!! The colors are fantastic as well...wow!!!

Dylan said...

gorgeous x