Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Birthday

My mother in law will be 90 next week. A milestone birthday to be sure! And even though she had a series of strokes 2 years ago and can't go and do like she once did, she's still a mighty fiesty woman! John and I will be going to take his folks out for a nice steak dinner next week, but I wanted her to have her birthday card a little early. I can share it because they don't read my blog!

I used some of Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Back canvas and stamped the cake using (retired) CTMH It's Your Day stamp set. Colors used were Creme Brulee, Tulip, Juniper and Sorbet. I frayed the edges a bit before attaching it with pop dots for a bit of dimension.

Happy Birthday, Mom. We love you!

Edit: I have been informed that after 50+ years of marriage that my father in law still doesn't know how old mom is! HE is the one who told John that mom was gonna be 90. So I wrote Happy 90th Birthday in her card when I sent it. And she was incensed that we made her older than she is. (Which any woman in her right mind would be!) She is in fact going to be 88. So I stand corrected!


2 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

I love the card Sue, it looks great stamped on the canvas xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the canvas idea! The birthday cake is wonderful! Did you do the stitching??? It looks fantastic!