Friday, August 17, 2012

for the birds

It's time again for Dina's Out of the Journal. Week three already. This week, I'm working wayyyyyy out of the journal!! And I hope it qualifies!

I found this birdhouse quite a while ago in the dollar bins at Michael's. And since it was "just a dollar", I bought it thinking I'd do something with it. And it's sat. Well the other day, inspiration struck and I painted it blue, my fave color and then used a bunch of wings from Dyan Reaveley's Rainbow Ruby stamp set and set about fussy cutting all of them out, then stamped a couple of birds and flowers from Dyan's How Does Your Garden Grow and painted them with Dylusions Spray Inks. Right now, the birdhouse is on my front entry table.


And speaking of Dyan...she announced last night on FB that she is coming to FLORIDA for workshops!!! And she's coming to St Pete to Whim So Doodle. Ummm. Can you say, I'm there?! Don't know what the dates are yet or how many classes it will be, but I am going to save every spare penny I can to be able to go and meet this fabulous lady. I've been giddy like a school girl since I read the news yesterday!


7 comments:

Debbie DP said...

love it. love it love it. That is so cute.

Clare Lloyd said...

super cute bird house, it is so pretty. x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You are going to love her! So excited for you Sue! What a fan little house! That roof is awesome!

Laura Spano said...

Yes, I definitely think this qualifies for 'out of the journal'! Love the idea- the wings on the roof are perfect! Enjoy your classes and I'm sure we'll get to read all about them?

Nancy Zunic said...

absolutely darling! Love it!

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use wings on the roof. I just love this! Also, Thank you for your kind words on my blog.

Joanna said...

This is such a happy little birdie house, what a great idea! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get to do a class with Dyan :)