Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ranger Contest

There is a Contest going on thru the 25th over on the Ranger blog. And of course I had to try my hand at it! The challenge is to use Ranger products in Valentines Day colors. And while my tags aren't Valentines, I do have a couple of co-workers having birthdays this month so I used the colors and opportunity to make a birthday tag for each of them.

I started with Tim's new Distress Paints in Fired Brick and Spun Sugar on the tag and misted pretty heavily with water to get the paints to move around. Then I dried the tags and used one of Dina's stencils with Picket Fence Distress Paint and one of Dyan's stencils with Barn Door Distress Stain. Added a bit of black to the tag with a spray ink top smooshed into some of Dyan's Black Marble Spray Ink. I then used one of Tim's new Mini Blueprint Stamps  on watercolor paper and used my Distress Markers to color everything but the flame and that is Stickles for that bit of bling! I used Fired Brick and Black Soot Distress Paints to paint the numbers with and left a bit of the silver showing on each. The 17 and 26 are the dates of the two girls birthdays. I used Tim's idea for using a piece of Tissue Tape folded in half and crumpled to make my "ribbon" with.



2 comments:

Debbie DP said...

Yeah glad you posted love the tags. As usual your detail is amazing. Love those colors.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I have to say in all honesty that I was most excited to see the birthday blueprints than all the others! FINALLY birthday goodies! LOVE LOVE LOVE you tags!!! PINNING!!! They will love them too!