Saturday, May 24, 2014

CofCIII-Faux Tea Roses

It's time once again for Compendium of Curiosities III hosted, as always, by Linda. We are traveling thru the book of the same name by the fabulous Tim Holtz and it's not too late for you to get your own autographed copy of his book. This week our sponsor is Inspiration Emporium and they will be giving a $50 gift certificate to one lucky player. This week's technique is Faux Tea Rose and is found on page 65.

Friend Donna and I had a Girls Day yesterday that resulted in us parting with some cash at Whim So Doodle in St. Pete, Florida and also lunch after. We had not seen each other in a couple of months, so it was nice to catch up and enjoy some retail therapy! I finally got some of Tim's drop shadow embossing folders, so that is where I started my tag. I knew I wanted to incorporate one of the words. And since I'd be making faux roses, what better word than "beautiful?!" I shamelessly copied Paula Cheney's twist on Monoprinting from her blog post! LOVE those new mini Distress Ink Pads!!! My faux roses have been dipped in Distress Glitter for just a little hint of bling! The brass circle I picked up yesterday as well and I used Tim's Faux Patina technique from Volume II. So lots of Faux going on with my tag this week!!!



 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the vibrancy of the colours :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I loved that monoprint tut as well, and love the colors you've used and your matching roses are wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us for a rose filled challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

Shelann said...

The embossed petal is very cool, along with your bright colors.

Candy C said...

Very pretty tag! Love your monoprint background. I am sure Paula (I LOVE HER STYLE) is flattered that you loved her technique and tutorial enough to use it! Your roses are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Cheryl Grigsby said...

What a cheerful tag! I see an exclamation point for the word "beautiful". ;-)

Yvonne said...

Your monoprint is fabulous! Loved that as well and have it stored somewhere in my brain for a future project! wink. Your tag is such a happy piece! Thank you for joining in CC3C!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Your tag is beautiful and I love the contrast of your roses.