Thursday, March 17, 2016

SDC-236 St. Patrick's Day

What better way to spend St. Patrick's Day than making a tag for SDC236?!
Jackie is our hostess this week and here's what she had to say about her challenge:

 "St Patrick's Day was lucky for me, I married my husband on this date, so I would like to see the luck of the Irish in your projects. Such as lucky clovers"

Well Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Jackie!

I got a stamp order yesterday from Stampotique. It was the stamps I chose from my winning the $30 monthly drawing back in January, so I decided to put two of those new stamps to use today. I chose Roc Nicholas' Fling Pig and Stacked Boxes.  I started with a black tag and added a piece of green striped scrapbooking paper. Then I added Wendy Vecchi's lush Metallic Gold Embossing Paste through Tim Holtz's Gothic stencil. I stamped the words on the stacked boxes. Flying Pig is colored using Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Inks. 

And OF COURSE I had to dye my fingers just a bit green for the occasion as well! 




 

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Thank you for the good wishes and congratulations on wing the $30 of stampotique stamps ... And what good use you have put them to ! Great project that pig of Roc's it just brilliant ! Thank you for joining in my challenge this week
Jackie 🍀

Kathi said...

Such a fun tag for St. Patrick's Day!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your tag ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
Corrie x

Sam & Poppy said...

Oh Sue you always make me smile or laugh :)
I love your sense of colour and fun.
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

Sue said...

This is fabby Sue. I love the green pig and the sentiment, and the background is a stunner too. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Stampotique, and enjoy your weekend. Sue xx